1. Take the time to define health and toxicity with your team.
2. As a leader, let your team know the specific area you tend to be toxic when you are not at your best. Give your team permission to hold you accountable.
3. Invite your team to have the same conversations with the ministries they lead.
4. Preach your vision of the culture you, as a pastor, want to create with staff and within ministries. Let people know this is a safe place to thrive and grow.
5. DO NOT tolerate chronic toxicity from anyone. Have the courage to have difficult conversations. Lead by example.